International Essay Contest for Young People
This contest for young people is sponsored by The Goi Peace Foundation and UNESCO. The aim is to inspire society to learn from the young minds and to think about how each of us can make a difference in the world.
The theme of this year’s International Essay Contest is “Learning from Nature”.
1. Essays may be submitted by anyone up to 25 years old (as of 15 June 2017) in one of the following age categories: Children (ages up to 14); Youth (ages 15 – 25)
2. Essays must be Essays must be 700 words or less, typed or printed in English, Spanish, German, French or 1600 characters or less in Japanese, typed or printed.
3. Essays must have a cover page indicating: category (Children or Youth); essay title; your name; mailing address ; phone number; e-mail; nationality; age as of 15 June 2015; gender; school name; word count. Teachers and youth directors may submit a collection of essays from their class or group. Please enclose a list of participants’ names and the name and contact information of the submitting teacher or director.
(Entries missing any of the above information will not be considered.)
4. Entries may be submitted by postal mail or online.
5. Essays must be original and unpublished.
6. Essays must be written by one person. Co-authored essays are not accepted.
7. Copyright of the essays entered will be assigned to the organiser.
Please check the guidelines carefully here before applying.
– 1st Prize: Certificate and prize of 100,000 Yen (approx. US$ 880) (1 entrant) – 1st prize winner will be invited to the award ceremony in Tokyo, Japan in 25 November 2017. Travel expenses will be covered by the organisers;
– 2nd Prize: Certificate and prize of 50,000 Yen (approx. US$ 440) (2 entrants);
– 3rd Prize: Certificate and gift (5 entrants);
– Honorable Mention: Certificate and gift (25 entrants).
Winners will be announced on 31 October 2017 on the Goi Peace Foundation web site and UNESCO web site.
Deadline: 15 June 2017, (23:59 local time).
Find out more: https://www.goipeace.or.jp/en/work/essay-contest