In the context of the European Year of the Citizens, Relaunching Europe, an initiative by the Socialists and Democrats Group in the European Parliament, has launched an EU-wide photo competition on the theme ”This is my Europe”. Residents of one of the 28 EU Member states, who are 18 years old or older, are invited to submit a photo in one of the following categories:
– My vision of Europe: photos of people, events or places that represent these and other ideas about the future of Europe.
– Europe in my daily life: photos of people, places or objects that show the role of Europe in your daily life.
To participate, entrants should visit the website of the competition, click the [Participate] button and upload the photo.
A jury will award prizes in the two categories My vision of Europe and Europe in my daily life and there is another chance to win in a combined category based on the most “likes” by the public. The prizes are the followings:
– The 3 x first prize winners will each win a trip for two people to Riga, the capital of Latvia and the European Capital of Culture 2014. The prize includes return flights, two nights’ accommodation, museum/culture passes and public transport passes.
– The 3 x second prize winners will each receive a 22-day continuous InterRail global pass that will allow them to discover 30 European countries.
– The 3 x third prize winners will each receive a Digital Bridge camera.
Before entering the photo competition, entrants are kindly asked to read the rules carefully.
Deadline to sumbit pictures: 30 October 2013