The ITU Telecom World 2013 – Young Innovators Competition has been launched.
It aims to foster innovative ideas amongst the next generation of social entrepreneurs working to change the world through technology.
It is open to any young person from [ http://www.itu.int/online/mm/scripts/mm.list?_search=ITUstates&_languageid=1 ]Members States of the ITU, between the ages of 18 and 26 with an original solution to one of the six Global Challenges:
• Improve employment opportunities for young people and migrant workers
• Reduce food and water wastage at individual and retail level
• Facilitate access to public services for the elderly
• Improve natural disaster prediction and response
• Improve road safety for both drivers and pedestrians
• Protect sensitive personal data and inspire the creation of local digital content
Participants will have to submit entries for concepts or start-ups via e-mail to [ fcp://@mail.eurodesk.org,%231015448/Mailbox/[email protected] ][email protected]
They may submit more than one entry, but all entries must be in English and must contain a completed [ http://world2013.itu.int/wp-content/uploads/2013/yi_application_form.docx ]application form as an attachment.
Optionally, they could attach a Business Plan and/or a Presentation at their own discretion.
The ten finalists will win up to USD 10,000 in seed money to implement and bring to scale winning start-ups; and up to 5,000 USD for winning concepts.
They will also be invited to attend ITU Telecom World 2013 in Bangkok and have the opportunity to showcase their platforms.
Deadline for applications: 30 June 2013.
Find out more: [ http://world2013.itu.int/participate/innovate ]http://world2013.itu.int/participate/innovate