25th CONFERENCE OF EUROPEAN CHAPTER ON COMBINATORIAL OPTIMIZATION
It is our pleasure to announce the 25th Conference of European Chapter on Combinatorial Optimization, which will be held in Antalya, Turkey, on April 26 – 28, 2012.
Antalya, where history meets nature, is full of artifacts from Greek, Lydian, Persian, Roman, and Ottoman eras.
ECCO (European Chapter on Combinatorial Optimization) is a working group of EURO (Association of European Operational Research Societies) that provides an excellent opportunity to discuss recent and important issues in Combinatorial Optimization and its applications with European combinatorialists by organizing annual conference meetings.
The ECCO annual meetings aim to bring together researchers in the field of Combinatorial Optimization to present their work, share experiences, and discuss recent advances in theory and applications. The primary objectives are:
- exchanging results and experiences in solving real-world combinatorial optimization problems,
- reporting on development and implementation of appropriate models and efficient solution methods for combinatorial optimization problems,
- establishing networking contacts between individuals and research groups working on related topics,
- promoting the work on combinatorial optimization (theory and applications) to the broader scientific community,
- identifying challenging research problems for the field, as well as promising research outlets (both in theory and applications),
- promoting interactions with researchers in other related fields.
Topics of interest
- applications of combinatorial optimization in logistics and supply chain management, manufacturing, energy production and distribution, telecommunications, bioinformatics, finance, discrete and hybrid dynamical systems, and other fields,
- exact solution algorithms, approximation algorithms, heuristics, and meta-heuristics for combinatorial optimization problems,
- graph theory and network flows,
- integer programming, global optimization, stochastic integer programming, multiobjective programming.
The next ECCO meeting is being organized by the Institute of Applied Mathematics of Middle East Technical University and the Department of Industrial Systems Engineering of Izmir University of Economics. It will be held in Antalya on April 26-28, 2012.
For further information: http://www.eccoxxv.org/