3rd Taste of City Conference
Food and Place Marketing
4-5 October 2018 – Akdeniz University Antalya, Turkey
You are cordially invited to the Taste of City: Food and Place Marketing Conference 2018
Antalya, which will be hosted by Akdeniz University Tourism Research, Development and
Application Centre (TAGUM) on 4-5 October 2018.
The TOC 2018 Antalya is an international peer-reviewed academic research conference
with a focus on understanding the dynamics and role of food play in place marketing and
branding. This unique event aims to bring together researchers, scholars and practitioners
to explore the ways in which food and places are marketed in an interconnected fashion.
The TOC 2018 will offer a scholarly exchange covering different case studies around the
world in a truly multidisciplinary event. The key thematic areas are diverse with a
multidisciplinary approach revolving around marketing, tourism, gastronomy and culture.
The sub-thematic areas are as follows, in which the submission of proposals is invited but
not limited to:
– Place marketing and branding
– Food and drinks marketing
– Food in place branding
– Diaspora marketing
– Consumer behaviour
– International marketing
– Cross cultural marketing
– Food tourism and destination branding
– Food as touristic product in place marketing
– Food and sustainable tourism
– Food and alternative tourism
– Food and health tourism
– Food festivals and event marketing
– Molecular gastronomy and place marketing
– Food, health and place marketing
– Slow Food – Slow Cities
– Creative cities of gastronomy
– Gastronomic experience – Taste hunts
– Transnational food
– Religion and food: Halal and Kosher
– Heritage food
– Diasporas and exporting heritage taste
– Food crossing borders
– Food mobility: Tacos to Doner, Feta to Curry
– Diasporas, foods, places
The working language of the conference is English.
Abstracts should state briefly and clearly the objectives, methods, results and conclusions
of the work, and should be no more than 300 words in length. Special sessions and panels
with three or four speakers can also be proposed. Please submit your proposals as a
single Word document indicating the title of the panel, titles and abstracts of all the
proposed papers, the name of the presenters, and their short biographical statements.
Abstracts deadline: 30 June 2018.
Full Papers (optional)
These must be original papers.
– A maximum of 7 pages (or 4000 words) including abstract, appendices and references.
– Microsoft Word documents
– A4-page formatted
– 2.5cm margins on all sides
– 12-point Times Roman font (the title, which must be 14-point Times Roman)
Papers presented at the conference may be included in edited books and/or special issues
of peer-reviewed international journals. Selected conference papers will be included in
edited books published by Transnational Press London and in a special issue of
Transnational Marketing Journal. A special issue related to topics in tourism will be
published in Advances in Hospitality and Tourism Research (AHTR) Journal.
Please register at the conference website and login to your account. Then go to
paper/abstract submission page to submit your paper proposal. Please tick all the boxes at
the end of the form so you can register and submit as author and reviewer.
All papers, title pages and reference pages must be submitted as Word documents.
– Deadline for submission of abstracts: 30 June 2018
– Deadline for submission of panel proposals: 30 June 2018
– Submission of full papers (Optional): 1 September 2018
Further details about the conference can be found at: http://tastecity.net/